Early Intervention research, demonstration, and outreach programs expand and improve educational and therapeutic services for infants and young children who are at risk or disabled, and their families.
Areas of research & technical assistance
- Developing and conducting research on screening instruments and systems for early identification of developmental delays in young children
- Evaluating effectiveness of learning environments for young children and teachers
- Developing and conducting research on curriculum-based assessments for infants, toddlers, and preschool children
- Supporting development of linked systems for early intervention/early childhood special education service delivery
- Investigating effectiveness of early childhood mental health approaches
- Providing technical support and professional development for early childhood, early intervention, and related service personnel